Salin Plus Replacement Cartridges
After four months of recommended nightly use, you should consider changing your Salt Filter Cartridge.
Salin Plus works by generating a gentle airflow to break off micro salt particles from larger crystals and disperse them into the ambient air. The effectiveness degrades over time. The filter cartridge will always remain full of salt, however, after 4 to 6 months of use, the device can no longer disperse any further particles, hence no further health benefit can be derived.
In addition to this, the G4 pre-filter will have also collected dust and other pollutants from the air reducing the airflow which in turn can reduce the efficiency by the end of the four-month period.
We recommend changing your Salin Plus filter over for a new one every four to six months to ensure maximum health benefits. Whether you change over at the four or six-month mark depends on environmental factors in your home, like level of ambient air pollution, dirt, dust and humidity as well as your condition. If you have a seasonal condition, like hay fever for example, it makes sense to ensure you replace your filter more frequently during the hay fever season.
Many long-time customers have reported that they “just know” when the filter needs replacing, often because symptoms like coughing or snoring return, or they observe sudden interruptions to sleep.
The best tip is to schedule four-monthly reminders to replace your filter, and assess the need from there. We also recommend pre-purchasing your filters so you can do a quick and easy change over. (If you pre-purchase your filters, be sure to store them in a dry and cool place to avoid moisture damage.)
Please note, there are often no visible signs that the filter needs replacing, as the naked eye cannot determine whether or not any remaining micro particles remain on the surface of the larger crystals.
Changing your Salin Plus filter is quick and easy
• Simply remove the power cord from the back of the device.
• Unclip the front cover at the base of the unit and remove it.
• Turn the device face down (ideally on a towel to catch any loose crystals or debris) and gently shake it until the old filter cartridge comes free.
• Place the new cartridge in the device with the salt crystals facing outward into the room, and the groove at the base of the filter is in line with the device.
• When the filter is firmly in place, clip base of cover in first, then snap in the top clips.
• You don’t have to send your old filters to landfill. Once cleaned they can be recycled.
Nationwide; €4.95 or Free Delivery on orders over €38
Northern Ireland; €4.95 or Free Delivery on orders over €38
United Kingdom; €10 (up to 3kg)
International; €20 (up to 3kg)
Click & Collect; Free (ID Required)
All orders shipped in 1-5 business days. International shipping could take up to 10 business days.