Nexium Control Heartburn Tablets
Nexium is used in adults for the short-term treatment of acid reflux symptoms (heartburn and acid regurgitation). Reflux is the backflow of acid from the stomach into the gullet which may become inflamed and painful.
This may cause you symptoms such as a painful sensation in the chest rising up to your throat (heartburn) and a sour taste in the mouth (acid regurgitation).
Nexium Control contains the active substance esomeprazole (20mg). It belongs to a group of medicines called ‘proton pump inhibitors’. They work by reducing the amount of acid that your stomach produces.
You must be aged over 18 years to purchase this product. This product is a medicine and can only be sold within Ireland.
- Take one tablet once a day. Do not exceed this dose.
- The tablets should be swallowed whole. Do not chew or crush the tablets.
- May take 2-3 days for full effect.
- If your symptoms worsen, do not improve or persist after taking this medicine for 14 days, contact your doctor.
- Do not take antacids or other indigestion treatments at the same time as Nexium Control.
Do not use
If you are allergic to esomeprazole or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
Talk to your pharmacist or doctor if:
- You are taking any medicines listed in the package leaflet.
- You are over 55 and have new or recently changed reflux symptoms.
Nationwide; €4.95 or Free Delivery on orders over €38
Northern Ireland; €4.95 or Free Delivery on orders over €38
United Kingdom; €10 (up to 3kg)
International; €20 (up to 3kg)
Click & Collect; Free (ID Required)
All orders shipped in 1-5 business days. International shipping could take up to 10 business days.